lundi 9 juillet 2007

Burritos and chopsticks

Today I had my first Japanese lesson. Not much to say except that it's going to be tres tres difficult. I'll write more about it tomorrow since today was just some sort of initiation.
I also went to see more apartments. I saw one on the 45th floor, it's very very high and I'm not sure I will like leaving there. More apts on Wednesday, the broker is going to show me some houses as well. "Anais-san, do you want to see some houses?" "I sure do broker-san, I sure do".

I also ate my first Japanese burrito today, not my fault, the broker made me. And I'm not sorry. I'm not going to eat sushi and bento boxes only for 3 years! (ok I know, I haven't ate sushi yet, but so not the point).

Today I've also got lost:
1/On my way to the ATM
2/On my way to the train
3/on my way back home once I was out of the train
The result is a blister so big I'm scared just looking at it.

Oh and here's my new favorite word : "Sumimasen"
It means "excuse me" like it means excuse me in English
Sumimasen in the subway when you push people
Sumimasen at the restaurant when you need something
Sumimasen I broke your nose
Sumimasen no hablo Japanese

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

HOUSES?! Anais-son, buy me and Matteo-son a house. Please? Jeez, what did you win the lottery or something and not tell us about it? HOUSES?!?!?

Unknown a dit…

Sumimasen, when are you and fabulous Maxxy-Poo coming to visit, mi amor? Selfish, yes. Like you aren't used to it. You can come to the NYC heat wave post-Malaysia. Miss you!!!!!! P.S. Ditto on the houses comment. And if you're so rich and fabulous, buy a Penthouse here and I'll babysit it in between your visits. :) xx