dimanche 9 septembre 2007

gold fish are for real

So I've always wondered why gold fish were called gold fish. I mean they are usually red right? Well good thing I've traveled all the way to Japan to discover a gold fish that is actually GOLD. So why are they call gold fish? Why don't you check wikipedia yourself if you want to know.

"The first recorded instance [of swallowing a gold fish] was in 1939 at Harvard University." There are so many things going through my mind right now that I think I just won't say any...

En anglais on appelle les poissons rouges "gold fish" (les poissons dores). Je me suis toujours demande pourquoi les poissons qui sont rouges aux USA comme les notres (vous me suivez?) sont appeles poissons dores. Et bien parce que a l'origine ils etaient plutot dores que rouges (explication complete en anglais du pourquoi du comment ici). Et au Japon on trouve des poissons dores! Maintenant je me demande bien comment on appelle les poissons dores en francais. Des poissons rouges?
Posted by Picasa

Aucun commentaire: