vendredi 6 juillet 2007

Apartment hunting

So yesterday I went to look for an apartment.
Oh joy! I can't wait to live in a 2-bedrooms-with-a gigantic-leaving-room-a-terrace-and-a-shoe-palace.
We have a very decent budget so we should be able to find something nice. We still have to decide where we want to live (somewhere in the south-west), if we want a doorman, and this and that.
So my new bff the broker and I went on a 5 hours journey. First let me reassure you, brokers are all the same. Everywhere. I mean, the Japanese brokers are very nice and polite and they don't call you sweetie or honey, and they don't show up half an hour late or try to show you something in a basement when you specified that you wanted a lot of light. But still, they emailed us a bunch of apt options and we said we wanted to see all of them except for the one that were over 700,000. Ah, well I saw all of them anyway...
Which was fine, because it's always interesting to look at apts in a new city. See where, you know, real people live.

I saw 10 apartments yesterday and I cried, everytime. After living in the west village apt, everything looks like a castle. Think 1600 square feet with a garden in the back, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a 279 SF living room.

So I'm thinking about opening a bed & breakfast. I'm also thinking about taking a cat, and a rabbit (I know, bad combination) and maybe a hedgehog (why not, there’s room, he would fit so perfectly on my new cream carpet. Yes because 80% of the apartments are fully carpeted (ok, that's probably not a word, but you get it), and the carpet is always whitish, and you know how delicate I am, so that's going to be interesting,. Even more if I get a hedgehog).
Another apartment had a terrace, that was, I think bigger then our old apartment. And of course, there are the super buildings with gyms, Jacuzzis and sky lounge bars open from 6am to 2pm. I'm telling you. Oh joy!
Maybe if we move to a cheaper neighborhood we can live in a penthouse with rooftop and swimming-pool.
Anyway, I will be looking at apts all next week and Max will look at the ones I really like next Saturday. Hopefully we will be able to make a decision sooner then later (because yes, I have better things to do).

I'm actually starting Japanese classes on Monday, this is going to be very interesting, especially since I can't concentrate on anything (except on TV shows) for more then 10 minutes. I wanted to take the super extra intensive classes (3hours, 5 days a week), but the nice lady told me I should start by doing 1:30 every day since my brain was not that big (they have a machine that measures your brain to see how much you can take. Just kidding people, just kidding. That would be cool though.)
I think I'm secretly relieved, I want to do good, but the idea of seating still in a Japanese class for 3 hours freaks me out.

I can't wait to teach you all new words.
Sayonara!

Aucun commentaire: