vendredi 13 juillet 2007

Le subway

I hope you can read French because this will be a short version of what I just wrote below (ha! I'll probably end up writing more...)
So the metro card here is quite complicated. You have to buy individual tickets because the prices change depending on:
Where you're going
What line you're on
What day (no, just kidding)

Finally this spring someone came out with a card call PASMO (it toke me 2 weeks to figure it out). You can use it for the subway, the train, and the buses and even to pay for your groceries at the Seven Eleven (yes there are 7/11 in Tokyo, THEY ARE EVERYWHERE).
So I tried to get it but (and I think that can only happen in Japan) it's sold out. Yes, the freaking metro card is SOLD OUT. I mean, what can you say...

Luckily for me I was complaining about it to my Japanese teacher yesterday and she told me that another card, the SUICA had the same features. So ok, it's not pink like the Pasmo, but it's green and has a penguin on it (in Japan, penguin = subway?? not sure why, but as long as it works... and I love penguins anyway).

Now I have my card, it's a magnetic card so you don't have to take it out of your wallet, you just place it in front of the entrance and hop, the doors open. You don't have to worry anymore about the fare, the right ticket and so and so. Can't believe it toke until spring 2007 to come up with the concept!! Right in time for moi I guess.

1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit…

how can a subway pass be sold out??!??