dimanche 15 juillet 2007

no Typhoon but an earthquake

So the typhoon was downgrade to a tropical storm as it arrived in Tokyo (no worries, apparently there are about 8-10 a year so we will probably get another one sooner or later). And this morning, at 10:13, the building started shaking. I was in my bed and it felt like the bed was turning (kind of the same feeling as "the bed is turning" when you're hangover. Not that I know anything about that). It' pretty much the same feeling as being in a boat, if the boat is in the middle of a small storm. Stuff started shaking in the apartment and I think it lasted about 2-3 minutes. I seriously wondered if I was suppose to go under the table or the desk but I think I was too confused about what I was experimenting. It's my first earthquake after all so I wasn't sure if it was that or some crazy side effect of the typhoon. The good new is that the building is in one piece and everything looks the same (from what I can see by the window). And there's no bad news (I do feel a little sea-sick though). The magnitude was 6.6 (for the earthquake expert among us) meaning that it was kind of strong. Max felt it at work too, he didn't wore his helmet (yes, they have helmets at work, I'm a little jealous) and he's still working.
Voila, more to come later today.

1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit…

Max has a helmet? I love it....