jeudi 12 juillet 2007

I'm turning Japanese

So today I had my first real Japanese food experience. I told the broker I wanted to try Japanese food (because so far we had Indian and Mexican) and I swear to God, he started laughing so much, I got upset.

Broker: hahahaha Japanese food Anais-san, I don't think so hahahaha.
Me: Well, I know I don't like sushi but there's more than sushi to Japanese cuisine right?
Broker (still laughing): yes of course, but I really don't think you will like it.
Me (now very upset): but you know, I ate Japanese food before.
Him: hum hum, sure.
Me: whatever.

I gave him the silent treatment for like 10 minutes (my broker and I we are so comfortable with each other that we often don't speak for a while and start conversation again), and he probably didn't notice but then he said, ok let's try Japanese.
YEA! oh, hold on, if I don't like it now, he's going to make fun of me for ever. Maybe we're going to have a soup where the fish in it are still alive or something.
We went to a ramen place (I know, it's Chinese, but it's been in Japan for ever and they eat it all the time).

The choices are pretty easy: do you want your ramen strong or light, do you want your noodles soft, medium or hard.
That's it. And it comes with dumplings and on the table you have sauce and stuff you can add to it. It was delicious, I ate everything, and I think I gained the respect of my Japanese broker.
"Anais san, you're eating like a real Japanese, very good." You bet!

I hope you guys come soon so I can bring you there (I thought I've discovered some super secret place but he told me that it was actually a chain! Whatever, it's still delicious)

Aucun commentaire: